For just one measly month, my boyfriend and I vowed to cut meat out of our diets. We made this vow with nearly two pounds of pork sitting in our freezer and there it remains. Suddenly those hunks of red meat just don’t seem all that appetizing and it looks like we are sticking with it.
Obviously my friends and family know me to be a carnivorous person, so my decision to suddenly stop eating meat appeared to be overwhelming. Fears about my diet, health and sanity all surfaced. Now, for your viewing pleasure I’ll give you the 10 questions/comments I’ve heard since “the switch”.
1. My friend went vegetarian and she ended up in the hospital.
2. What do you eat, like, salads and stuff?
3. How are you going to get protein?
4. Do you eat chicken?
5. You know you aren’t going to save the animals, right?
6. So, do you drink milk?
7. *Looks at my food* What’s that? It looks gross.
8. You know you can’t be a runner on a vegetarian diet.
9. Are you a member of PETA?
10. We’re supposed to eat meat, it’s survival of the fittest.
Vegetarians/vegans what crazy questions do people ask you?